GPS Tracking App
What should I look for in a GPS tracking app? A common and important question asked by many. When purchasing a GPS tracking device, many of them will have you download the mobile app in order to begin tracking. Before you purchase your device there are a few major considerations you may want to be aware of before making that big decision.
Important App Features:
- Geofence Capabilities– A geofence is a virtual perimeter that you can set around a specific location that will allow you to be alerted when your device enters or exits the fence. This is an incredibly important function that many users desire but one that some apps do not offer. Be sure to double check with a company about whether or not they support geofences so you can track things your way.
- Battery Life– It is also important that in your app you are able to view the battery life of your tracker. Not being able to view the battery life of your device through your app can make it a tough guessing game for trying to figure out when to charge your device.
- Text Message Alerts– Most people want to be notified about the status of their tracker. Most apps will send push notifications in the form of a text or email message that will notify the user where their device is which is an incredibly convenient function. Some apps do not which is something that you would want to be aware of before you make the purchase.
- Update Frequency– This is a feature that is important to have on your app. Many people want frequent updates of where their device is to be able to track it at all times. If you are able to set up the time you want between updates, you can keep the device reporting on a schedule that is convenient for you. Even if an app just has different options to choose from, it’s better than nothing. On the other hand, if you are okay with a tracker reporting at its default timing, that’s fine too. Just be sure you know what that interval is.
- Easy to Use- This one is pretty simple. The app must be user friendly. It’s okay if an app has a lot to it, but one thing you don’t need is for it to be so complicated that you can’t even figure out what you are looking at. Spend a little time playing with the app. If after a short time you think you have the basics down, then it should be a good fit for you. If, however, you feel completely lost, maybe try an app from a different company and see how it feels. You just don’t want to waste time trying to figure out how the app works when you could be using that time to track your valuable assets!
Use these helpful guidelines to guarantee your purchase will be the most effective device for your needs!